Re: oil dielectric

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Xyme3-at-aol-dot-com>

> Hi Paul,
> Tesla used iron cored secondaries, but I have not.  I don't know what the
> effect would be by using stainless steel or any other type of material.
> Dave

Evening Dave,
    Never knew about the iron core secondaries, but was just the other day
wondering if an iron core primary and iron core secondary (separated by non
conductive material) would act differently than any other coil. I would suppose
an increase in field strength, but really do not know enough about the coil to
hazard a guess.
Paul