Isolation Transformer Question

Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

While dumpster diving and checking vacant lots for
good garbage, I found a working Best Power Technology
Citadel Line Conditioner. I was hoping it was a UPS
but it wasn't. It appears to be an isolation
transformer of some sort with a 12 uF pfc capacitor.
The core is about the size of a big NST and has three
sets of windings. It's only rated at 630 VA, but could
probably be driven harder for short runs.

My question is whether this would be of any value in
isolating any nasties coming from an NST. If so, do I
hook it up in reverse or normal? If not, at least I
got a good cap.

thanks
Adam

=====