Re: Secondary capacitance

Original poster: "Steve Lawson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <slawson-at-basec-dot-net>

Dear Terry:

            In regards to your post of (Vs) secondary output voltage, do you
believe that the secondary capacitance (Cs) should be calculated by adding
the self capacitance of the secondary along with the toroid terminal
capacitance?
In other words should Cs= Secondary self capacitance + Toroid capacitance or
should the capacitance of the toroid be ignored.
    Secondly, If I'm using a 4 inch diameter coil similar to yours posted on
your website in which my NST is 15kv/60mA along with a SRSG with a break
rate of 120 BPS, can I assume that my capacitors (15 nF from Geekgroup)  are
charging fully to 15000 volts.  Does Vp indeed equal 15,000 volts ?

Sincerely,
 Steve Lawson