Rigging Antique Coil

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <SageGaspar-at-aol-dot-com>

I'm trying to rig up a semi-antique Tesla Coil, which my physics teacher claims
was circa Tesla's time period.  It's basically a big coil wrapped around an
open wooden box, with the inner coil of wire in the middle.  There's an open
gap with a metal sphere on either side built into this device, which I assume
is where the electricity arcs.  What do I need to get this working, and how
should I go about connecting it?