Radio Propagation

> I have 4 old AM tube radios.  The stations come in fine during the day but
> just after the sun sets and just before it rises the radio stations drift
> considerably.

	Nought to do with 'induction variation'.
	Basic propagation variation as the ionosphere
	settles down for the night.  cf any text on propagation.

	for a verification, find a synthesized am/bcb radio
	(car radio may be easiest....).  Fading will be the same,
	allowing for the differnce in the sensitivity of the
	receivers.

	And there is a Whole Gropup of people who monitor
	ELF/VLF (RF in the audio region.  They hang out
	on different mail lists.)

	BTW:
	Middle of the geomagnetic storm.  BBC via SW just fine,
	with no retuning on the LC tuned receiver.

Semi Unrelated:
	Official NASA Aurora alert for tonight (Thu) & tomorrow.

	best
	dwp