Re: Variable Capacitance and Inductance

Ed: you are correct the gradient dose not change physical capacitance
dimensions, but we measure the effect of capacitance with the static charge
on the plates of a capacitor and the change of charge and frequency of a
circuit which is altered by surounding forces of charge. That is why an
oscilator circuit is placed inside a shield can to minimize these effects.
As long as we measure capacitance by its effect we will see changes in
measured results even tho the dimensions havent changed.
  Robert  H