Re: More on Thoriated Tungsten

Nah, just do what I did. Put the rod in drill and spin it at an angle on a
file. 8 nice rounded
electrodes in about half and hour on pure tungsten (don't go beyond the
center rod length - you
want electrodes to have the same length for RSG applications). This photo
shows the electrode
rounding if you look close enough.
http://www.classictesla-dot-com/photos/ba0/52002-8.jpg

Of course, I'm the son of a mechanic. Our fine adjustment tool is a 20
pound sledge hammer and
we clean the grease off our hands with gasoline (no joke). I don't look the
part, but yep,
that's my background - grew up under a car.

BTW, dad is 70 years now, healthy as a horse, and can still kick my butt.

Take care,
Bart