Re: The Transformer Trade

Original poster: "Mike Harrison by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mike-at-whitewing.co.uk>

On Mon, 27 May 2002 13:19:29 -0600, you wrote:

>Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

>Dear List,
>
>Transformer winding and rewinding is apparently big
>business. There are transformer reconditioning &
>rewinding shops in most big cites, and a few
>not-so-big cites. Even little Greenwood, Mississippi
>sports a rewinding shop (or so I've been told). This
>should not be surprising with so many millions of
>distribution transformers in service around the
>country. However, net browsing has revealed very
>little about the insides of the industry.

There are many industries which the Net revolution seems to have left
surprisingly untouched.....!
Never forget there are still publications like Yellow Pages and
Kelleys (Not sure if these are the same in the US), which have
comprehensive listings of industrial companies of all kinds...