Re: Does a "regulating" coil really waste energy?

In a message dated 5/28/02 2:50:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Please correct me if I'm mistaken - I thought that the secondary Q was
> unimportant since streamer "losses" drive the Q into the dirt, but that
> maximizing primary Q was still desirable?
>
> Gary Lau
> MA, USA

Gary, all,

I think the secondary Q is important for reducing losses before
the sparks break out.  The overall loss situation;
pri, sec, etc., is important, I would think.

Cheers,
John