Re: 220V transformers on 120V?

Original poster: "Randy by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <randy-at-gte-dot-net>

Well, chances are that you've got 220V plumbed into  your home,
in an easily-configurable way..... your clothes dryer and/or stove/oven
are probably, one or the other, or both, fitted with plugs. Your water heater,
if not powered by fossil fuels <you appear to be somewhere near Boston,
which I have *no* clue about, I'm in FL> may also be fed with 220V, and,
if so, may or may not be hard-wired....these options will hopefully give you
some options as to where to hook up your beast, w/o buying an xfmr to
boost 110 to 220...

(I'm waiting anxiously for Duck to pipe up and say "yeah, but if you
took that 1X2 transformer and FED IT with 220.....)

Randy