Re: VA and stored energy in capacitors

Original poster: "harvey norris by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <harvich-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry
> Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>
>

> Since relationship between apparent power (VA),
> frequency (F) and stored energy
> (E) in a capacitor in an AC circuit is VA=4pFE,
What does the 4p indicate? Dont know about the
complications involved with an arc gap as you are
asking, but I am confused here on your initial
assessment. The cap energy storage is noted as .5CV^2,
which tranfers twice per cycle, meaning that for 60
hz, a 120 fold multiplication should give the energy
transfer. Is your 4pF= 120? (for 60 hz)