Re: Tektronics 545B

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

Au contraire.

A Tek 545B is a fine scope for coilers. I use my scope when RF would fry the
insides from a newfangled sand state marvel. True, they are now very
difficult to get
repaired but the internet is loaded with many Tektronics experts, and manuals
are available. I picked up a 544 and a 547 at Dayton for 50 bucks. The 547 is
very restorable.
The 544 has a future for its parts as both scopes are closely related to the
545B. Coilers will immediately appreciate the trigger circuits on the Tek
scopes. I recommend the
545B and any of its near relatives. These were top-of-the-line instruments in
the
early 1970s. My top price would be $100 for a clean, working
scope.

And be it ever thus:
Real oscilloscopes like real radios weigh more than 70
pounds and they glow in the dark.

Ralph Zekelman