Re: doubler caps

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

USA Mfg has an entire web page of MO caps to choose
from, with prices ranging from $0.50 to $2. They are
perfectly suited for HV doubling use--that's what they
were made for.

I use a sting of 25 1N4007 for my doubler circuit
using two MOTs. They hold up just fine.

Regards,

 > Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz
 > <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>
 >
 > Hello,
 >
 > I starting my dual 304TL VTTC project, and was
 > looking around a suitable
 > caps to double the 2400v of the MOT.  I found some
 > motor RUN caps at USA
 > manufacturing.  They were 2300v or a little more,
 > and around .8uf ( i can
 > remember exactly).  But they seemed to basically be
 > MO caps,  so will they
 > work for my doubler circuit?  They are very cheap
 > ($1 each).  That is why
 > im attracted to them, most other places want $16 for
 > MO caps.  I cant
 > easily find ovens around here so i need to buy some
 > caps.  So will these
 > work?  If so i may as well buy a few of them for
 > other uses.  Please let me
 > know what you think.  Also, will IN4007  1amp 1kv
 > doides linked up to about
 > 15 in series work ok for the doubling circuit?  I
 > have these on hand and
 > dont want to buy a MO diode.  It should give me a
 > 15kv at 1 amp diode which
 > sounds like a beefy microwave oven doide, so will it
 > work? Thanks.
 >
 > Steve Ward.

=====
Gregory R. Hunter