Re: making a 4pack mot

Original poster: "Tim J by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <digital_raven45-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I've seen this type of MOT before. Do not hook power to the extra primary
winding, just leave it disconnected as it is for low voltage filiment output.

...sounds like you've got 4 bigger Industrial MOT's. Thats great!

As for ballasting...I would SERIOUSLY use MO capacitors as they will
regulate your secondary current rise.

or (getting really fancy) knock ALL the shunts out and remove the filiment
windings all together...and use a 240V 50A arc welder as a variable
ballast. :) ....I do this with my 6 pack MOT PSU.