Re: Strike Rail Usefulness

Hi Winston,
            My two cents:

On 4 Nov 2002, at 19:36, Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Winston Krutsch by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <u236-at-earthlink-dot-net>

 > Hi All,
 >
 > 	Speaking of strike rails, I've got problem/question.  I DO have a
 > strike rail on my 6" system, but the coil always goes around it to hit
 > the primary :-|.  Sometimes it will hit the strike rail, then break off
 > from it to hit the outermost primary turn.  Almost every spark that goes
 > "down low" ends up nailing the lower deck, and firing the safety gaps.
 > I've tightened all the connectors in the ground system, so a bad
 > connection isn't the problem.
 >
 > Comments???

The strike rail is too close to the primary coil and the secondary
could usefully be made taller. I love tall coils. Arcs to the strike
rail, primary etc are boring. I've found sparks are more likely to
connect with the ground and other things positioned laterally with a
taller secondary.

Regards,
Malcolm