Re: Ozone Masks

Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I'm certainly no ozone chemistry expert, but we use
SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Aparatus) tanks for
working around our ozone generators. Are you sure a
simple carbon filter "removes" or reduces ozone to an
acceptable concentration?

As an interesting sidenote, we have ozone ambient
monitors in our ozone generating facilities, which
will shut down the generators if we exceed the OSHA 8
hour concentration limit. On one occasion, the limit
was exceeded, and the system was shut down and
ventilated. However, instead of reducing the ozone
concentration, it actually went up! The ground level
ozone concentration was actually higher outside, than
it was inside our ozone producing facility! NOx!

Adam

Adam