Re: PRIMARY

Hi Lee,

Lot's of ways to do this:

1) Measure C and L of secondary and calc 1/(2pi*sqrt(LC). Then, do the same
with your primary and find the inductance value which equates to the same
resonant frequency of the secondary.

2) Calc C and L based on dimensions and do the same as above.

3) Trial and error (tap around until it works). Of course, if the primary
wasn't designed to match the secondary resonant frequency, you may be SOL.

4) Use a program to do the calc's for you. Here are a few:

JHCTES available at www.mgte-dot-com/tesla_d.htm
JAVATC available at www.classictesla-dot-com
WinTesla available but not sure where.
Ed Sondermans Excel spreadsheet (I have this available at
www.classictesla-dot-com/download/download.html).

Each program has it's own way of doing things. Their all good and will get
you in range. JHCTES and JAVATC are on-line programs.

FANTC is new and also available at www.classictesla-dot-com
FANTC will outperform all others including my own JAVATC when it comes to
inductance, capacitance, and resonant frequency.. I would recommend running
a resonance analysis on your coil and then do whatever is necessary in the
above programs to ensure the frequency in those other programs match FANTC.

5) Build the Terry Fritz TCTuner. L.E.D. identification of resonant
frequency's. Available at http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/TCT/

Hope this helps.
Take care,
Bart