Re: Best RQ gap materials

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 11/5/02 12:08:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Ok, I'm about to start construction on a Richard
>Quick style spark gap, and before I do, I need to
>know which size is better performance-wise... the
>6" PVC, with 3/4" copper tubing, or the 4" PVC,
>with 1/2" copper tubing?  Is there a difference?
>
>I've got both sizes of PVC, but am undecided on
>the electrode... I found I can get the 1/2 and 3/4
>inch sizes in packs of 25 for $2.85 and $6.00 at
>the local Home Depot, but which to get?

Christopher,

I have only built two of the larger ones.  They work fine.  Bigger should
be better, more surface area, more cooling, etc.

Ed Sonderman