Re: Transformerless-excited Capactive TC -it actually works!

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>

 > Dear List,
 > I have conducted experiment using a transformerless TC to excite a
 > capacitive transformer TC.
 > L2 was 40-50 turns on plastic film can 1.264472441 inches in diameter
 > giving Av somewhere between 12.52 and 9.52 if it were optimally tuned with
 > appropriately sized influence ring (C2) -which it is not!
 > Still the voltages on the ring and on the topload are higher than with the
 > original capacitive transformer (i.e. I am getting bigger sparks from them)
 > so it can't be all wrong!)

Yes, this thing works! The faster energy transfer reduces the
influence of losses.
If you want to try an optimal design, I am making available a design
program for these circuits at:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/programs/mreshp.zip
To obtain the 6th-order low-pass-high-pass directly coupled network,
specify 3 resonances, and a low-pass input section. Choose the mode
based on reasonable output capacitances.
Note that the program also makes designs for initial energy in the
first inductor (generalized induction coils).
No manual or waveform plots for awhile.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz