RE: mini coil update

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I made the current measurement via the 1k resistor.  My current was 33.5ma!
When i crank it to 140v in, i was getting about 44ma.  So my current does
not look exceedingly high.  Oh, and my max is now exactly 13"!  Im really
surprised with this coil, its really awesome!  So, the new toroid (2"x 10")
did do a lot to help.  Im now using a 3/4"long 1/8" diameter bolt for a
breakout.  I really need some pictures!  I think that the key was to have a
large enough toroid to not allow breakout, then use a breakout point.  I
think this forces all of the output to one point which is the
best.  Without the breakout, i get smaller breakouts and about a 9" spark,
but it is nearly constant.

Steve Ward.

http://join.msn-dot-com/?page=features/junkmail