Re: First light at 4500VA

Original poster: "Finn Hammer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <f-h-at-c.dk>

comments inbetween....

Tesla list skriver:

 > Original poster: "Winston Krutsch by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <u236-at-earthlink-dot-net>

 > Hi All,
 >
 >         First, my questions:  Will tungsten RSG electrodes give me bigger
 > sparks than the steel ones I'm using?

Not much.

 >         How easy/hard is it to thread "pure" tungsten welding rods???

Unless you have a leadscrew grinder, it is impossible.
These electrodes will heat as well, so you might want to look into a
heat dissipation path for them.

Cheers, Finn Hammer

http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/tesla/museum/sparkgap/sparkgap.htm