Re: Holed SRSG disc ..was First light at 4500VA

Original poster: "robert heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Scott D: I like your presentation. Let me give a small input. The SG
temprature runs in the area ot 4000oC and metal conductors turn to gas that
coats the ceramic causing it to become conductive. Alumina and Beryla are
used in similar applications. Beryla is used because it is thermaly
conductive and the heat can be conducted away from the high heat site where
Alumina is not thermaly conducive and heat builds up. Flourine and Chlorine
compounds ( C Cl 4) are added to shark gap systems to quench the spark for
faster responce. NOTE: Toxic is the rule not the exception.
    Robert  H