Was: OFFTOPIC - Teslathon, Mendo Motor Origins

Original poster: "Jonathan Peakall by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jpeakall-at-madlabs.info>

Dan, Bert, All,

I happen to live in Mendocino county, quite near the town of the same name.
The motor was initially made by a guy named Bob Blick and another person
who's name I can't remember. At this point it was solar powered, but on
regular bearings. The magnetic bearing feature was added by Larry Spring. I
am fortunate to know both Bob and Larry, and have built one with Larry.
Larry is pushing 90, but he can still solder solar cells!

I think this is the correct evolution of this device. I can always ask the
participants.

Regards,

Jonathan Peakall