Re: the argon project

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "J Dow by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<jdowphotography-at-hotmail-dot-com>

 > Anticipated problems:
 > Because the argon won't ionize at normal pressure, will a fish tank pump,
 > pump it at low pressure. We will see.

A nice idea, but when the pressure is lowered sufficiently to produce
ionization, a pump will have difficulties in sending the gas through
the column of oil. I imagine that to create a bubble the gas would
have to be compressed to the pressure level at the bottom of the
oil column. Maybe you can mount the tube slightly inclinated
instead of vertical, and the bubbles will probably light up
only after they move a certain distance through the tube, expanding
to the right pressure. A very weird device, if the construction
is possible.
Another idea would be to fill small sealed glass spheres with
low pressure argon and make them move inside the oil-filled tube.
This would avoid the problems with low pressure.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz