Re:Argon or Xenon Bulbs Wanted

Original poster: "Harold Weiss by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hello Harvey,

What type of Xenon lamp are you looking for?  If it is anything like what I
use in followspots, I would warn you not to try using it in a house.  They
are charged to 20 atm cold.  If the glass ruptures, it goes off like a hand
grenade!  Also they produce lots of UV light.  If you are looking for a
neon sign type, they can be expensive.  I think I remember that the guys at
the neon shop said that is what they use 60ma NSTs for.  Since you already
have a bombarder, you could make them yourself.  Note this also, some of
the rarrer inert gasses like Krypton and Xenon may be radioactive.  Many
arc lamps today are filled with nuclear waste gasses.  I use ones with
Kr85, which was one of the gasses released at Three Mile Island, the one
that accounted for most of the radiation release.  Wish you luck!

David E Weiss