Re: MOT power supply

Original poster: "Tim J by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <digital_raven45-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Since the primary coils all are at relative ground potential, the
>sum of
>primary and secondary insulation to the core, on the last transformer,
>is stressed beyond the design mark.
Pls. don`t be sarcastic, when we point out that the MOT`s are
>cheaply
>built, it only serves to show that you are unaware of how a proper high
>voltage transformer is made!
>
>http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/tesla/museum/pig/porkchop.htm
>
>Cheers, Finn Hammer
Sarcastic?
In what way? The way I look at tesla coiling is "if it works...then use it"
I'm just an experimenter, just like you, and I use what I have around me.
Since most people wouldn't want to spend countless hours winding their own
transformers (though I do love to customised trannies...) or running out
and dropping $300+ on a PIG...I figured their must be another way. And sure
enough..there is. end of story.
oh...I'm well aware of how a "good" high voltage transformer is
made...thank you!
>In life, their are countless ways to solve any problem or find alternative
>solutions. This is what experimentation is about. No need for caustic
>remarks...thanks a bundle.
I respect everyone on this board. I'm inspired...thats all. Take care.

Tim,