Re: synchronous rotary mechanical bridge rectifier

Original poster: "Charles Brush by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <cfbrush-at-interport-dot-net>

><snip>
>         High voltage mechanical rectifiers were quite common in the early
>1920's (and probably before) and used to power electrostatic
>precipitators in smoke stacks.  Created hellish radio interference for
>the poor people who were trying to listen to rather weak broadcast radio
>signals with rather "weak" receivers.  You'll find numerous references
>to them (and cursing of them, of course) in the literature of the day.
>I suspect a good one would be quite usable for DC TC work, but not worth
>the bother.
>
>Ed

There are some photos and info on a 25,000v mechanical rectifier owned by
Dean Thatcher on my web site at:

http://voltnet-dot-com/gallery/index.html

Zap!

Charles Brush