Re: Tesla Coil Tricks

Original poster: "Kamil by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tcmail-at-poczta.fm>

On 02-11-03 at 11:20 Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:

 >Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
 ><DanReind-at-aol-dot-com>
 >
 >Hello all,
 >
 >I'm looking for ideas for safe tricks and demonstrations to do with my
 >tesla coil.  My experience has been that, while initially awed to the
 >appropriate level by the foot long power arcs and 18" coronal discharges,
 >within about 5 or 10 minutes they're pretty used to it and it becomes a
 >case of "okay, now what" (as for myself, I could do it for hours and never
 >get bored of it).  As compared to my van de graaf generator, which allows
 >for all kinds of up close and personal fun with electricity (hair raising,
 >shocking friends, blowing corona off the fingers, games with pie plates
 >and
 >soap bubbles etc).  Fluorescent tube lighting has been good, but how else
 >can one flesh out a "show" for friends?
 >
 >Thanks,
 >
 >Dan Reinders

Hi!
I didn't know, that it is possible to make "blowing corona off the fingers"
with the van de graaf.
Im goaing to build a VDG, so I would like to make it enough powerful to do
such experiment.
Could You tell me something about Your's VDG construction? Where can I find
good papers,
which can help me building VDG?
Thank You.

Kamil Kompa