Re: IGBT people... I need help please ...

Original poster: "David Sharpe by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

Hi Marco, Scott

The UC3860 I tried to work in an induction heating phase controlled
120VAC full bridge application about 3-4 years ago, and your
assessment is right on, even with I and VFB tied to ground ("give me
everything you got Scotty!!!") I couldn't get the VCO or duty cycle
controls to ever work as well as a TL494 circuit I had built (had close
to 50 push-pull circuits work flawlessly, first crack from PCB shop).

A better option might be a SG3526 (or later) version PWM control
chip, especially if you are shooting for better then 150Khz operation.

Best Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR
Chesterfield, VA USA

<Marco.Denicolai-at-tellabs-dot-com>