Re: DC Powered Large Tesla Coils

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

 > I am sure many of us would like appreciate you sharing the details of your
 > 90 KW power supply!

Its basically a resonant mode Lambda EMI Series 303 Power Supply which runs
on 440VAC, 3PH.  The entire power supply is basically submerged
in a fluornert tank and requires external cooling water.  I'm currently
running this in my friends high voltage lab which is part of his home
business since he has
full 3-phase isolated power coming in there as well as distilled water
hook-ups for the supply.  I believe this supply was originally part of a
radar transmitter which I obtained at auction.

Here is a link to a similar supply.  However, the supply I have has been
modified for higher output power (by the vendor), has only an ON/OFF switch
on the front with a few indicator LEDs, and is set for REMOTE operation
through a D-Pin connector behind the unit.

http://www.lambda-emi-dot-com/product_html/303power.htm

This is by far nothing a project which will occur overnight.  The entire
primary tank circuit (minus coil) will be enclosed in a special enclosure
and include all
the goodies, major interlock / safety circuit, crowbar protection circuit,
fault detection control board etc....

I may not even pursue at all if the project seems "too" daunting.

Dan

 > --Steve Young

My