Streamer direction vs BPS

Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

Hi Guys

Thanks for the ideas about heat being the driver.

My intuition tells me there is more to the story.
The launch point from the toroid was lower down the slower the ARSG and the
visible intensity of the sparks appeared to be less in fact at high bps
(several kHz)

At this high bps the launch and direction of the streamer was almost
vertical.

I have the feeling that there is some intrinsic interaction between the
field shaping and capacitance to the ground involved but have yet to figure
it out.

Best
Ted L in NZ