Re: RSG gap at side of electrode.

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 11/24/02 2:09:50 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Subject: RSG gap at side of electrode.
>
>Tnx Pete I think that would work well and might have other advantages too.
>I would not want to over state the expansion problem, it arose for me at
>very high power and in special circumstances (ie brass rod rotor) and is
>very easily accounted for with a small extra amount of clearance to the
>fixed electrodes.
>Best
>Ted L

Since I am in the process of building a new rotary gap, I find this
discussion interesting.  With the stationary electrodes set to the outside
of the rotating electrodes - will the diameter of the rotating electrodes
increase when comparing the static dimension to the clearance when it comes
up to speed?

Ed Sonderman