CAPACITOR INFORMATION NEEDED

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <CanalRay-at-aol-dot-com>

Hello all: I am looking for information on some caps I recently ran across. I
can't find anything on the web from Cornell Dublier, so I will throw it out
to the masses.

The capacitors are 43 inches tall with a body diameter of 12 inches. The top
of the cap has a round metal boss with, I believe a 1/2-13 threaded hole in
the center. The bottom boss has four 1/2 inch holes drilled in it. Four ears
on the boss. The body material appears to be a phenolic type tube, reddish
brown in color. These caps are heavy, they weigh in at 240 pounds, uncrated.
The value as indicated on the top boss is:15 uF -at- 120 KVDC. I would suspect
they were intended for a radar unit or some other type of high powered
transmitter. These are my guesses. The only thing I don't know is what type
of dielectric they use. Here is the part number: PL7319XR-1. Manufactured by
Cornell Dublier. Condition is really good. They do not appear to have ever
been used. So, short of sawing one in half, I thought of asking the Tesla
group.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Tom Vales        canalray-at-aol-dot-com