Re: TC presented by Lord Kelvin, streamer shape

Original poster: "robert heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Joyon: Your obsorvation is correct if viewed as DC. To 1/4 wave AC the two
wires are 180o out of phase placing the full secondary voltage between the
wires and causing the wires to arc to each other with high voltage much like
a Jacobs ladder. The chopper contacts of the induction coil should be near
o.5.-1 Kc. The secondary and internal capacitance feeds the spark gap at the
secondary terminals. If the secondary frequency and the chopper are adjusted
to be harmonics of eachother the output could well be tuned to the wire
length quarter wave and generate arcs. Tuning,& SG, would be critical.
    Robert  H