Re: I need to find a place to fire my coil!

Way back when we finished our first coil we didn't have a lab that we could
fire it in. We developed a few things for "Guerilla Coiling" specificly so
we could fire it without havig the space for it.

Some things to try.....

1, you'll need electricity. Places to get free power include......
Parking Ramps (great place to fire a coil, go to the top), start looking for
outlets.
Public Parks (If they've got a bandshell they've definately got power)!
Find out where they hold festivals in your city, there will be public
outlets there. When concerts come to town, where do the busses line up? They
park them there for days, and each one is plugged in :)

We've used all of these in Kzoo with success.

In the rare event (we fired outside dozens of times and only got flack about
it once) that someone gives you a hard time. Be polite, and if they run you
off, just pack up and go. But it's very rare and we only got harassed becuse
someone complained about the noise.

Christopher "Duck" Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group
www.thegeekgroup-dot-org

"He had that rare weird electricity about him--that
extremely wild and heavy presence that you only see in
a person who has abandoned all hope of ever behaving
normally." --Hunter S. Thompson