Re: Are these caps any good for MMCs?

Original poster: "Finn Hammer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <f-h-at-c.dk>

Chris.

It is hard to say, from the data in the sheet.

The Polypropylene dielectric ought to give low loss, even at RF.
And the foil electrodes should support high peak current.

However, the caps that really shine in tesla coil service, all have an
intermediate electrode, which is made out of metalized dielectric, and
this electrode handles the self healing property, which is so important
to us, since we tend to overvolt the caps. Sooner or later you will
overvolt your caps.

Unless they are really cheap, go for the types that have proven good.
http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MMCInfo/good-bad.txt

Cheers, Finn Hammer

Tesla list skriver:

> Original poster: "Chris Roberts by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <quezacotl_14000000000000-at-yahoo-dot-com>