RE: general cap questions

Original poster: "Dave Hartwick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ddhartwick-at-earthlink-dot-net>

That's a fairly standard definition and adequate for anyone whose knowledge
base is such that a query of Adam's level is expressed.

Perhaps this is more satisfactory:
http://whatis.techtarget-dot-com/definition/0,,sid9_gci532218,00.html

>From which:
"The farad (symbolized F) is the standard unit of capacitance in the
International System of Units (SI). Reduced to base SI units, one farad is
the equivalent of one second to the fourth power ampere squared per kilogram
per meter squared (s4 . A2 . kg-1 . m-2)."

A much more intuitively accessible treatment.
Dave H

Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>

> Original poster: "Dave Hartwick by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ddhartwick-at-earthlink-dot-net>

> http://physics.about-dot-com/library/dict/bldeffarad.htm
>
> Adam,
> Bro---I found this in about 3 seconds. There are scads of electronics
basics
> on the internet.
> Dave H

That link has by far the most meaningless "definition" of Farad possible.

KEN