Re: Re: Wrong Welder?

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Are you sure you have the correct 240v taps selected
on your pole xfmr? I once hooked my ballast up to 2 of
the voltage adjustment taps (my xfmer had +5% and -5%
adjustment taps on the LV side), with no connection to
the main LV lug. I got results similar to yours--weak,
wimpy sparks from the pig. My, did I feel silly when I
actually checked the dataplate on the xfmr and figured
out what I did.

YT,