Re: variacs in series

Original poster: "Matt Skidmore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <fox-at-woozle-dot-org>

speaking of pigs. it seems most coilers get the 14.4kv primaries. What
would the effect be of using a 19.9kv primary at the same kva rating?is
there any reason not to? i suspect going too high would create flashover
and such. but it seems like going a bit higher with voltage would help
compensate for drop due to ballasting or resistive loads. furthermore, it
would require less capacitance, but need a cap rated for higher voltage,
which, isn't really a problem. i just like to know what other people think
on this :)

-fox

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>