Early oscillatory circuits

Original poster: "D.C. Cox by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

Joseph Henry, in 1842, first noticed that induction coils can become
oscillatory in nature when a capacitor (condensor in those days) was added
to the circuit.

In 1847 Helmholtz also noticed the oscillatory nature of the Leyden jar.

Felix Savary, in 1827, actually was the first experimenter to note
oscillatory discharges from capacitors.  Savary did not attach an inductor
and did not discover the LC circuit combination.

Prof. Oliver Lodge, in Liverpool, in 1888, independently discovered the
oscillatory nature of electric current while studying lightning discharges.

Tesla probably beat everyone, but, since he didn't publish much in the
scientific journals of that era, missed early credit for the discovery of
tuned circuits.