Re: WinTesla Equations Version 5.5

Hi Scott,

I'd agree (to a degree).

There are several equations that could get very close, "BUT" only
assuming our inputs represent whatever equation is used. If we try to
use a ball-ball gap equation with a "non-conforming" electrode shape or
environment, then calculations are just good for the mind and nothing more.

If 8400v/in has been good in the past as a nice round value for the
various designs coilers build, then it should work in the future. There
isn't any "one" equation in the gap arena which fits all. There are
several that could model gaps very well if built conforming.

I don't know where the 8400v/in came from originally. It must be
empirical and I can see it good for gaps nearly identical to the test
gap. However, the hypothetical test gap may be well centered around our
common range of gaps considering most of our coils are very similar
(voltages, capacity's, inductance's, etc.). In other words, for a
one-fits-most equation, it may be as good as you can get.

Best regards,
Bart