Re: DC vs. AC; caps

Original poster: "Mark W. Stolz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mark_w_stolz-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi Pieter,

I have never made a DC TC so I will let others address that portion of your
question.  I think it gets a little more involved thaan a straight AC coil
though.

As far as the capacitor issue, I too have been in the lack of cash
position. :-)  Saltwater capacitors are by far the cheapest and probably
easiest way to go.  They can get messy, but considering your biggest
expenses are salt and the containers, it's not to bad.  The Geek
group(www.thegeekgroup-dot-org) has some nice plans for a saltwater capacitor
using a bocket and 12 empty beer bottles that works great.

Mark Stolz
Houston, TX