Re: The Tabletop Tesla Coil Showdown - OFFICIAL RULES and WEBSITE

Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

Greetings to Daniel Mc et el
It seems a great shame to me that you (Dan) have decided that the
constructive, consdered comments and suggestions from the list are "whining"
to use your word. You have clearly taken offense where none was intended but
it's your right to take the ball and leave.

It was inevitable given the word "contest" and the innovative nature of
coilers that many would debate the rules and look for the chance to add some
"magic beans". It is clear that your rather narrow objective of efficiency
for a particular type of construction method was not fully appreciated by
others on the list.

 It pleases me to see that others (Gary Lau thanks) are willing to take up
the management of this idea. With a broader scope it will stimulate coil
development I think.

Good luck to the idea and its participants
Ted L in NZ (the 100bps world)