Re: The TRUE definition of high voltage.

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 10/3/02 2:28:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Original poster: "Cajun Coiler by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <cajuncoiler-at-cox-dot-net>
>

> I've noticed a thread about the definition of high voltage,
> with subsequent scuffles about arcing, and so I took to the
> books to find the TRUE definition that we can use as a standard...
>
> ...indeed the answer was found WITHIN the standard (at least
> here in the United States it's the standard).  From various
> articles of the 1987 edition of 'The National Electrical Code"...
>
> Low voltage: 30 volts and below.
> Nominal voltage: 31-2000 volts.
> Medium voltage: 2001-13,800 volts.
> High voltage: 13,801 volts and above.
>
> ...just thought y'all might be interested to know.
>
> ---
> C.L. Mayeux
> Owner, MSB Data Systems
> poohbear1961-at-cox-dot-net
> http://www.msbdatasystems.tk

In other words, any voltage is high voltage that has been declared to be high
voltage by an authority that has been declared to be an authority etc. etc.
I prefer the following "TRUTHS":
Low voltage - tickles
Nominal voltage - stings
Medium voltage - knocks you on your A - but you get up
High Voltage - knocks you on your A - and you don't get up