Re: Ground system for outside operation: Counterpoise?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Why bother?  Just get a six foot grounding rod from your local Home Depot,
pound it into the ground, and attach a thick braided wire from it to your RF
ground on the tesla's secondary.  No need for fancy or heavy grounds.  Sure,
a lot of people on this group think you need some serious ground with
serious ribbon type grounding cable, but I operate my coils (currently up to
5kVA) with a simple set-up shown above.  Also, one coiler I know runs his
coils (up to 20kVA) using only a 12 AWG solid ground cable to a similar rod
and that guy is getting some serious output - no problems there.

Dan

> I'm wondering how well a counterpoise type ground would work as the main
RF