Re: The Tabletop Tesla Coil Showdown - OFFICIAL RULES and WEBSITE

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

 >Whatever the final number is I like the freedom to consider using any
power
 >supply including my PT or PIG. This opens it up to everyone while
providing
 >a common baseline which was the initial intent if I remember correctly.

Thats getting a bit ridiculous now.  The original intent was for a tabletop
tesla coil.
Sounds like we need another rule (snicker).  How about:

Rule No. 235  -  The tabletop tesla coil must be built so that the average
person could pick it up, and carry it while only holding it
                          against the body with one arm.  Anything heavier
or bulkier is not allowed.

or how about:

Rule No. 236 - The power source must be internally current limited.  No
external ballast is permitted.

Dan