RE: Power arcs?

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

By power arcs, I assume you mean a continuous arc between the top load and
a grounded target.  This actually presents the least stressful load
condition for a coil.  Such a load guarantees first notch quenching, and
this minimizes the power burnt in the gap and the number of high frequency
oscillations seen by the tank capacitor.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA