R.F interference on TV's

Original poster: "uk-teslacoil.co.uk by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <duncanr-at-uk-teslacoil.co.uk>

Dear all,

I would like once again to thank all of those who had input to my problem with
the interference that my Tesla coil was having on peoples TV's.

I tried Terry Fritz's idea with the ferrites and had some success, then I came
across the posting about the "ground system for outside operation:
counterpoise". I went out side and hammered some thick walled copper heating
pipe into the ground, wired up the Tesla coil and the interference was gone.
cool.

I have been running the coil in my room, but now I have set some space aside in
the garage at the bottom of the garden. It does get a little cold in there in
the winter times but what the heck, from now on I will build the coils in my
room and conduct the experiments in the garage.

Once again, many thanks... my body has stopped trembling from the lack of
sparks.

Cheers all
Duncan (UK)