RE: 40w globe lightbulb - Geiger Counters inexpensive

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

them for sale.  I purchased one from there for $30.00 and it works great for
X-Ray and other radiation detection.

Dan

> You might borrow a radiation badge from a local hospital X-ray
> dept.  If you
> befriend the X-ray tech I'm sure they will give you a badge to do
> the test.
> Then the tech processes it to check.  This would be a good test --- please
> report your results to the Tesla List so we all know.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Dr. Resonance

Back when I was first playing around with Tesla coils, I was using 25 Watt,
large globe bulbs for making streamers and things. It was a long time ago,
so I don't remember if I was getting streamers with every bulb, but I *do*
remember getting a green glow a few times. I thought it was copper breaking
down or something. I didn't make the x-ray connection until reading in  this
list a few years ago. I would have always been doubtful about having
actually produced
x-rays, except for the fact that I couldn't figure out for years how *all of
my holography film was completely exposed and ruined* one time. The only
explanation I have is that the film was exposed by x-rays. I had three boxes
of film, one previously opened, and two others never opened until I was
finding all the film exposed. All three boxes were ruined. Holography film
is way too expensive to use for x-ray testing, but maybe some other sort of
film might work?
-Dan Kline