Re: The Truth? Was RE: Sci-Fi Channel - In Search of - Tesla Death Rays!!!

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Megavolt57-at-aol-dot-com>

>I do really believe that history's view is sadly misaligned though. If
>> you ask any child in school who invented the electricity we use today
>> you'll probably get Edison or Franklin. I never even heard about Tesla
>> till Science classes.

    Yes, this is one that truly bothers me.  The fact that a lot of kids will
tell you that EDISON INVENTED electricity.  Discovered would be bad enough,
but the fact that they use the word "invent" drives me insane.  It seems that
they believe he flew a kite and got hit by lightning, they apparently need to
immortalize Edison for things he didn't do.
(....................plus, even at that wouldn't you rather praise someone
for CREATING lightning rather than getting hit by it)

73's Kc0Ion, "Ion-Boy"